11.19.2008

Treadmill

Since July I've been stuck in the Central Time Zone where it gets dark shortly after lunch, and unfortunately there is no good place to go running after dark near my apartment. So for the first time in a while I headed to the treadmill. After running in sub-40 temps yesterday and fairly cool temps for the past month, running inside seemed very hot tonight.

Anyways, it was going fine until the 2 mile point when the treadmill just stopped.. and I mean STOPPED. I had zoned out so it sorta scared the crap out of me. I started it up again and within 10 seconds it did it again. Well I didn't want to quit after just 2 miles so I ran another mile around my apartment complex.

Just 1 week left until my next race! 5 miles on a road course which is by far my favorite type of place to run.. especially since the road doesn't usually come to an abrupt stop like a treadmill :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that would be enough to make me a little paranoid about running on that particular treadmill again. My treadmill slows before stopping in the case of an emergency and the key gets pulled out, so abrupt stopping would be a surprise!

I'm prevented from running again today. I'm not even making excuses this time. I have been cleaning up the house to get it ready for Thanksgiving, which we always have here (except for last year), and thought I'd run today instead of yesterday. Last night, just before bed, I found out that I had failed to put back some dumbbells and backed up onto them in my socks. I bruised my right heel, which happens to also be the foot that's been giving me some Morton's Neuroma trouble lately, so both ends of my foot are painful to even walk on now. I'm going to do some weights today and maybe some leg exercises that don't require walking. Crud.

Sorry for the long comment. I should post this on my blog, but it's just an effort this week...we'll see. :-)

Have a good one!