10.12.2008

After taking another 2 days off I headed back out to the greenway to "run backwards" again, this time going for a total of 4 miles (with 2 walking breaks). Even though it's the same greenway I've grown bored of, it's a little refreshing to see it in a different way and the hills come sooner which changes the difficulty of the run.

In other news I officially registered me and my sister for the Halloween Hunt 5 Miler less than 2 weeks from now. Ok, now I just need to build up the endurance to run 5 miles again :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's amazing what you've been able to do with the knee problems. You'll do great in that 5-miler!

On a side note, I'm tinkering with the idea of actually getting outside ("Gasp!" says the running-in-public phobe) to run around my block, which would be a 0.7 mile loop. I need to calibrate my Nike+, since I'm pretty sure, despite its message that calibration was successful, that it didn't do it right on the treadmill today. I'm also wondering if my gait will be different (or my pace, even) out in the real world where my steps are not so controlled and limited. I'm very curious. Though, if I calibrate to the outdoors, it probably won't translate to the treadmill very well. I have no clue. :-\

Thomas said...

Thanks! I hope so, but I'm getting more and more afraid of having to see a doctor sometime soon :(

I know exactly how you feel about running outside. I felt the same way the first time I did it, but I think it's much more fun than being on a treadmill. I also seem to feel more accomplished when I can look at an actual map and say "Did I really run from here all the way to there and back?!". I know that doesn't mean I accomplished any more than someone on a treadmill, but try telling my brain that!

You're pace will definitely be different, but you'll get used to it faster than you think. Let everyone know how it goes!