10.29.2008

A night of "Firsts"

Tonight I started at Centennial Park, but ran a different route than normal going all the way down to music row by Tin Roof and actually getting lost for probably a mile or 2 before figuring out where I was. I also ran more hills (total Ascent of 1964 feet.. over 500 more than any other run) than I've ever run including the ridiculous hill by Vandy not once, but twice! Tonight's 7.1 mile run gave me these firsts:

- Longest run to date
- Longest run with a pace faster than 9:00 mpm (1:03:45 total which is an 8:59 pace)
- Passed the 100 mile mark on my shoes
- Passed 50 miles for the 2nd month in a row (ok technically that's a "second" not a "first")

I finished with a loop around a dark Centennial Park wishing I could keep going, but it was dark and my knee was starting to bug me.

No comments: