10.08.2008

Running Backwards

Ok not literally running backwards. I decided to start today's run at a different trailhead on the same greenway. As it turns out I think it's actually a little closer of a drive from my apartment, but starting where I did means the hills start just past the 1 mile mark. Unfortunately I'm an idiot and got all the way over there before I realized my knee brace was still at home.

So after going back home to get the knee brace I was ready to start my run. The hills may have come sooner, but there were 2 things about the hills that were awesome today. First, as I ran up the first hill I passed somebody which made me feel good (and she was cute which helped too). Second, as I ran down that same hill on my way back I realized I was done with hills for the day. Normally I'm running the other direction and going down it just makes me think about how I have to run right back up it after turning around.

In other news it looks like one of my sisters and my friend that ran the 5k with me are both going to run a 5 mile race with me @ Long Hunter State Park in just over 2 weeks! I'm excited and trying to be optimistic about my knee holding up. Assuming all is fine there I've also signed up for a 5 mile race on Thanksgiving day in Belle Meade to benefit a plethora of local charities.

No comments: