10.27.2008

Today's 6 step plan

I've been waiting to run in somewhat cold weather (yes, I'm crazy) and today I finally got my chance. It was about 48 degrees when I got home from work and headed over to the greenway. This was my simple 6 step (mile) plan:

Mile 1) OMG IT'S F'ING COLD!!!
Mile 2) Maybe I should have worn a hat cause I sure don't have any hair trapping heat in
Mile 3) Finally got into my rhythm and felt like I could go forever
Mile 4) I've passed those 2 girls about 3 or 4 times now.. hope they don't think I'm stalking them
Mile 5) I was planning on 5 miles today, but now I'm just curious how many times I can pass those girls before they will run away from me
Mile 6) And that is my longest run at the greenway and the only one over 4 miles that included "the hill"

Oh, and on my way over the hill I almost caught up with a biker who had passed me about a minute before. Now THAT felt awesome to almost catch a bike while running up a hill :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

haha! ear muffs are a must in the cold! it's hard to do a toboggan with a pony tail. clearly a problem you would not have.

Anonymous said...

Funny about the girls and biker! We were at 32 degrees here this morning. The first thought in my head after, "Crud! It's our first frost - in October!" was how was I supposed to get used to running outside in this weather as a newbie, and how good the treadmill was looking to me. :)

(BTW, I just did my very first 30-minute run! I'm about to report on it...it's such a big difference, mentally, going from 28 to 30.)