10.22.2008

Last run before the race

Tonight was the last run before my race on Saturday. Another friend joined us tonight so we had 3 people for our 5 mile run to Belmont and back. I didn't realize it until I downloaded the Garmin stats, but there were no positive splits and miles 2, 3 and 4 were all at a 9:24 pace which was also my overall pace. Not too bad considering the number of hills on that route. I even mentioned to one of the guys that the hills that used to seem huge to me a month ago now seem like nothing. I guess the word of the day is consistency!

My knee had the usual twinge for the first .5 mi then it was fine and this time the pain didn't come back around the 4 mile mark like normal which is good. I'm still planning on taking the next 2 days off just to be safe so my next post will be my first 5 mile race report :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad that your knee is feeling better! I'll be cheering you on, on Saturday, all the way from Illinois. :) Way to go on the hills, too!