10.06.2008

Must.Make.Myself.Stop

Today I decided to take the trail right towards the big winding hill and see how my knee (and the rest of me) fared since I haven't gone that way in a couple of weeks. I'm happy to report that all of me did just fine going up and down the hill twice. The stupid side of me decided to run 3 straight before taking a break today, but it seems to be ok so far. So I ran 3.0 and 0.25 separately with walking in between. It's getting harder and harder to make myself stop and not go for a 4-6 mile run.. hopefully soon.

My knee still has that little twinge every once in a while if I step the wrong way (as if to say "don't forget I can eff you up at any moment"), but so far it has behaved while running. I'm guessing the shorter, slower runs plus my knee brace have probably contributed to that as well.

Tomorrow I will take off and yell at my TV as the Presidential Debate rages on a few miles from me. Then Wednesday the rain moves in.. so I might have a wet run to report later this week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to your info! I'm a stats nut. I did see the drastic difference between the walking and running. It's great that your knee has been behaving.

I got in my W6D1 yesterday, but have yet to post. Ugh! I'll probably get that done this afternoon after work. It went well, nothing much to write home about. lol