10.15.2008

Crazy Map - Part Deux

I met a friend of mine downtown today and we ran around West End. I told him about my plan to create crazy maps with my Garmin (and he just got one too) so we took some random turns and 2 loops through Centennial Park at the end which gave me this:

I also tried something different today in my never ending quest to figure out what's hurting my #$&*(^#( knee. Since day 1 of using my Superfeet insoles I've noticed the arch on my right foot hits me just a little more noticeably than my left. So today I took those out and tried running with the regular insoles that came in the shoes. I ran 4.5 miles total during which my knee felt better at the beginning than usual, then started talking to me around 3.75 and then told me to quit at 4.5. Today may not be a good reference since I don't usually string a 5 miler and a 4.5 miler together with only 1 day inbetween. So I think I'm going to give it another run or 2 to see if it's making any difference.

Definitely no running for the next 2 days and then I'll probably try another 4-5 miles one day this weekend. Also today I registered for the Boulevard Bolt.. the one I said I registered for a week ago and finally got around to doing today!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loving the maps! You can try to write your initials in one some day. :)

I hope you can find out if the insole change will help your knee. It's a good thing you caught that about the arches. It's weird how a difference so small can make such a big difference in the pain department.

I was asked to post info on a 5K run/walk that's just south of me. I'm tempted to make it my first 5K, since it's timed, but I have a concern. It will be only 2 weeks after graduating the C25K, where I'm running by time, not distance. I'm not sure I'll be up to 5K by then. I'll be up to 30 mins, but can I build up my distance that much in 2 weeks? I'm not sure.

I'm one step closer to running outside. I've mapped a couple of short .7 and .9 mile runs, just to get the feel of it and get rid of my "stage fright". I'm also waiting for my order of my outdoor running clothes, since I'm not really outfitted for that right now. It's 40 degrees in the morning, and I don't want to be weighed down too much by jackets and layers.

Okay, I've gone on and on again. Have a good weekend! Here's to a pain-free run your next time out.