9.11.2008

First 5 mile run!!!

I FINALLY got my first 5 mile run without stopping.. actually 5.5 miles!! I had tried it twice before and hit a wall around 3.5 that I couldn't get past. The funny thing is I wasn't even trying this time. I was actually going out for an easy run after taking 3 days off to let me knee heal (and I will catch hell from Zoomy about this I'm sure) and after 3 miles I felt so good I didn't want to stop so I ran another 2.5 miles. I finally made myself stop after 5.5, but I felt like I could have kept running for several more. At least I did keep it sorta slow for me. I told myself to keep it around 10:00 mpm and I hit the 5 mile mark at 50:09.

5 comments:

Zoomy said...

Nah, you won't catch hell from me. If the knee feels good, go with it! :D

k

Thomas said...

Well it felt fine during and after the run, but I still applied ice when I got home. Then I took a heat pack with me to bed like I've gotten in the habit of doing and it still felt fine. This morning I woke up and voila.. pain is back :(

Zoomy said...

Awww...no. That stinks. I hate stuff like that...things that only hurt later. BTDT.

Makes me wonder if it could be tendonitis of some sort...?

Thomas said...

Could be.. I'm worried it might be ITBS. Taking 3 days off was horrible, I sure don't want to have to take more than that off. But I'd rather get right than cause more damage. I'm taking today off and will assess what I feel I can do in the 5k tomorrow, then probably a lot of rest next week.

Zoomy said...

Oh, no...ITBS. That is one thing I have never battled...that or PF. *knocks on wood*

I hope whatever it is that it's short-lived!