9.24.2008

New longest run.. and my knee.. again

Ran downtown again starting at 31st and West End and followed part of the route from the Country Music Marathon. We hit 6 miles as we were coming back past Belmont and were actually planning on taking it to 8 or 10, but just before 7 my knee decided it wanted to scream.. VERY loudly.. so I ended up stopping at 7 and walking the last mile or so back to the car.

So I'm happy to have run 7 miles, even happier that I felt like I could have kept going for a while (other than my knee), but pissed off once again that my knee can't keep up with the rest of my body! Of course maybe if I'd run with my knee brace instead of leaving it in the car that would help :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that stinks, but you did get in the 7. At least you know you could have gone longer.

I just watched a movie that made me laugh pretty much all the way through. It's called "Run, Fat Boy, Run" and it's about this guy who tries to win back his girl by entering a marathon. I was cheering him on! He was just the most unlikely character to be running, but it goes to show what a person can do. Not sure it was 100% realistic at the end, but it was good entertainment. :)