9.18.2008

Ouch My Nipples!

I had originally planned on running around Cool Springs where I work for a change of scenery, but then I found out my Garmin Forerunner 205 shipped early and will be here tomorrow! I decided to wait until next week so I can run with the 205 and know for sure how far I'm running in addition to mapping my course since I've never run out there before.

After my 6 mile run yesterday I took it easy today with a 3 miler, but I did step up the pace a little to just a little faster than my 5k pace last Saturday. One thing I figured out is that I've definitely got the dreaded nipple chafing problem! They were tender after yesterday's run and today they were hurt even worse so I'll have to do some research on my options to alleviate that.

Tomorrow off and Saturday I'll hopefully find time to squeeze in a run with my new 205. I've already hit my highest miles for a single week so far with 16.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll pretend I didn't read the part about the chafing. ;) But really, I had no clue this was a problem that even existed. You learn something new every day.

I'm excited for you about getting the Garmin and the new shoes! Also, congrats on the 6-mile run.

Thanks for passing on the tip about going up hills. There aren't many hills here in Illinois (I can practically wave to the folks over in Iowa), but we're taking a trip to Yosemite next year, and the CA Central Valley & Coast, and I'm hoping to bring along my shoes and see what I can find.

Have a great weekend!