9.14.2008

Soles4Souls 5k

I was trying to wait for the official results to be posted, but they still aren't up. Yesterday's 5k, my first in nearly 7 years, ended up being a lot more difficult than I was hoping because I was just having one of those "off" days. It seemed harder than my 5.5 mile run 2 days earlier and I had to convince myself about 100 times not to quit.

In the end I did not quit, or walk and I finished somewhere around the 27:00 mark. It was about 27:06 when I crossed the finish line and whenever the chip time gets posted that should take 5-10 seconds off it because of where we started. I was hoping for a little better time, but since I wasn't having a great day I'm pretty pleased... and I beat my friend who has run 3 marathons :)


UPDATE: Of course a few minutes after my post the official results went up. I ended up with an official time of 26:51 which put me 5th in my age group, 23rd in my gender and 33rd overall. I was also the oldest in my age group :)

2 comments:

Zoomy said...

Whoa, nice! And you're only just getting started...you can only get faster and place higher in the future.

:D

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! I'm proud of you for sticking with it and not giving up! :)